Atlanta Hairdressers | Balayage Hair Salons Atlanta
French Balayage is a French hair coloring technique. It’s a freehand technique where the hair color is applied by a hand sweeping motion giving hair a natural look adding additional contouring, while allowing the artist to enhance the cut and facial features.
Originating in France back during the 1970s this is a freehand technique, rather than the traditional foiling technique.
It grows itself out to a very natural looking color the leaves a much softer grow out. No line of demarcation.
- True French Balayage is not done with foils or Meche strips that is often done in the U.S. and called French Balayage.
- French Balayage is painted vertically keeping the color on top of the hair strand, then layering in depth on the ends.
- French Balayage is a technique, not a color!
- Ombre etc can all be done using the French Balayage technique
- Real French Balayage should always be done to look natural, graceful messy. Imperfect is key!
Maria started her career in Washington D.C. where she was born and raised. In all actuality she was doing hair at the age of 15. Later in life Maria moved to Atlanta and opened her first salon in the Dunwoody GA area and expanded into the Norcross Ga. Area. After many years of being a salon owner, decided to become an independent contractor still working in the Dunwoody area.