Family & Criminal Law Attorneys: Banks, Stubbs & McFarland
One of North Georgia’s longest serving litigation law firms, we have over 100 years combined experience.
Are you facing a complex legal problem? The law firm of Banks, Stubbs & McFarland LLP brings the help — and experience — you are looking for when a criminal arrest or family crisis interrupts your life.
Our law firm was founded more than 30 years ago with a focus on providing thorough and experienced legal representation in the North Georgia area. You can benefit from our law firm’s more than 100 years of combined experience, reputation for positive results and tradition of attentive personal service. We listen carefully to your wishes and goals, offer realistic assessments of your chances for success and advocate for you in and out of court to ensure that your interests are safeguarded. And we have built a significant reputation for results.
Have you or a family member been charged with a crime?
In Georgia, a criminal conviction has many negative consequences. Depending on the severity of the crime, your punishment could include a combination of the following:
- Jail time with or without parole
- Probationary periods
- Large fines & court fees
- Driver’s license suspension
- The possibility of a civil suit with damages awarded to the alleged victim’s family
Aside from legal consequences, a criminal conviction could limit your career opportunities and affect your child custody arrangements.
Our legal team understand the desire to protect the rights of yourself and your loved ones. We advocate for our clients accused of the following crimes:
- Murder & Manslaughter
- Assault & Aggravated Assault
- Family Violence
- Marijuana & Other Drug Crimes
- DUI Defense & Related Crimes
- TPO’s & Restraining Orders
- Search & Seizure Violations
- Theft Crimes
In addition to fighting the State’s evidence against you in recent charges, our law firm will also look into the potential for an expungement of a previous conviction.
We Only Represent the Victims of Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury can be a complex area of law, and you want a committed lawyer with the experience and resources to handle a potentially complicated claim. At Banks Stubbs and McFarland law firm, we devote our practice to serving the victims of personal injury cases. We never represent insurance companies. Thus, we understand how important it is to earn compensation and justice for our injured clients and the best practices for how to do so.
Each personal injury claim can be as unique as the people involved. We fully evaluate each case based on the individual circumstances, including the type of accident that caused your injuries, the nature and severity of your injuries, your losses, and more. We handle claims involving complex legal issues, as well as relatively straightforward cases. No case is too serious or seemingly minor for us to evaluate.
We regularly take on personal injury lawsuits within the following categories:
- Car Accidents
- DUI Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents
- Hit and Run Cases
- Boating Accidents
- Recreational Activity and Sporting Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Security Negligence
- Workplace Accidents
- Wrongful Death
As long as you or a loved one was injured by the actions of another, we want to help you receive the financial compensation that will help you heal physically and mentally. Call our firm now to see what damages you can pursue against the other party.
Family Law Firm Areas of Focus
Family law refers to a wide variety of cases that are heard by Georgia courts. Not all cases involve conflict, but they do all involve issues that are highly important to you and your family. Even if you think a case seems straightforward, you should still have the right legal representation from the very start of the process is important to safeguarding your rights and the rights of your children.
At Banks, Stubbs & McFarland, LLP law firm, our legal team has the experience to handle a wide range of family law cases, including the following:
- High-asset and complex divorce
- Child support
- Child custody and visitation
- Alimony and spousal support
- Property division
- Modifications and enforcement
- Legitimation (paternity)
- TPOs and restraining orders
- Stepchild Adoption
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO)
No matter what type of legal issue you’re facing, you want to have high-quality and compassionate legal help to ensure the best possible outcome for your family. Our goal is to provide each client with a feeling of trust and confidence that we will bring our experience, knowledge, and care to the table for them. Please don’t wait to contact our office directly to learn more about how we can help in your situation.
Your Estate Plan: The Basics
The basic components of most estate plans include all of the following:
- Will – Your last will and testament identifies how your assets will be distributed, who will become your minor children’s guardian, and who will become the executor of your estate and, thus, will oversee your estate plan process.
- Financial Power of Attorney – When you sign a power of attorney, you designate who will make financial decisions on your behalf in the event that you are unable to do so. This can include paying your bills, managing your investments, and making business and legal decisions.
- Advance Directive for Healthcare – When you sign an advance directive for healthcare, you designate who will make medical decisions on your behalf in the event that you are unable to do so by giving them basic parameters within which to make end-of-life medical decisions on your behalf.
- Family Trust – Your family trust controls how and when your assets will be distributed (during your lifetime and/or after your passing). A trust can be an important tool for significantly reducing inheritance taxes and probate expenses, but may not be right for your situation.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Schedule an appointment with one of Georgia’s top law firm lawyers today! Please call (770) 887-1209 or contact us online.